Swift Frame Limited is committed to protecting your privacy when you buy our products and services. We fabricate and extrude a range of uPVC windows and doors.
This Privacy Notice below explains how we use personal information about you and how we protect your privacy when you apply for a trade account or make an enquiry.
Why we use your personal information
Personal information can be anything that identifies and relates to a living person. This can include information that when put together with other information can then identify a person. We require your name, home address and contact details.
Why do we need your personal information?
We may need to use some information about you to:
• deliver goods and services to you/your company
• help investigate any worries or complaints you have about our services
• to verify your identity for a trade account
How the law allows us to use your personal information
There are a number of legal reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. We collect and use your personal information where:
• you have entered into a contract with us (e.g. for us to supply you/your company with goods and services)
• it is required by law (e.g. pay tax)
• it is a legitimate business interest (e.g. enquiry about our products and services)
We only use what we need!
We only collect and use basic personal information to deliver goods and services. If we don’t need personal information we won’t ask you for it. We don’t sell your personal information to anyone else.
The law gives you a number of rights to control what personal information is used by us and how it is used.
You can ask for access to the information we hold on you
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information we have about you. When we receive a request from you in writing, we must give you a copy of the personal information we have recorded about you. This applies to personal information that is in both paper and electronic records.
You can ask to change information you think is inaccurate
You should let us know if your name or home address or contact number changes.
You can ask us to delete information (right to be forgotten)
In some circumstances you can ask for your personal information to be deleted, e.g.
• Where your personal information is no longer needed for the reason why it was collected in the first place (e.g. for your trade account application)
• Where deleting the information is a legal requirement
Please note that we can’t delete your information where:
• we’re required to have it by law
• it is necessary for legal claims
Who do we share your information with?
We may use other organisations to help deliver our goods to you. Where we have these arrangements, we will always try to ensure that the organisation complies with data protection law.
How do we protect your information?
We’ll do what we can to make sure we hold records about you (on paper and electronically) in a secure way, and we’ll only make them available to those who have a right to see them. Examples of our security include:
• Controlling access to the computer system and password protecting our trade account files, this allows us to stop people who are not allowed to view your personal information from getting access to it
• Training for our staff allows us to make them aware of how to handle your personal information and how and when to report when something goes wrong
• Our paper records are kept in locked cabinets and a locked office
How long do we keep your personal information?
There’s often a legal reason for keeping your personal information for a set period of time, in this case we keep your information in accordance with The Limitation Act 1980. Personal director names and addresses are kept for seven years after the last legal contract.
Swift Frame Limited is committed to using your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2017 and General Data Protection Regulations GDPR. If you have a concern or issue regarding how we are using your information, we would ask you to contact us in the first instance using the address below:
Norfolk NR3 2BU
Telephone 01603 488030
Where can I get advice?
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Cookies (not the edible ones) and how you use this website
To make this website easier to use, we place small text files on your device (for example your iPad or laptop) called cookies. Most websites do this too.
They improve things by:
• remembering the things you’ve chosen while on our website, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
• remembering data you’ve given (for example, your address) so you don’t need to keep entering it
• measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. You can manage and/or delete these files as you wish.
Copyright and use of content
All content on this website is the property of Swift Frame Limited.